Wednesday, July 16, 2008

English Camp... Almost over... Already?


I can't believe how fast this week has flown bye. So many great things have happened. I can't wait to post pictures when we get home. Oscar and I have been able to teach together, which has been pretty fun. We have an amazing class. They have made it so much fun. On Saturday we will be leaving for Tabor, about 2 hours from here. We will be staying 3 days with a Czech, then we will be leaving for Prague. Today our old friend, Jirka, came to camp to visit for the day. We stayed with him 2 years ago in Tabor, so it was great to see him again. He invited us to stay again this year... I think we will but not sure yet. I was able to got to the city close to hear with Jirka to get snacks for the camp. It was fun to see another part of the Czech Republic that all tourists would miss out on.

Today in English class we were talking about the U.S. and we had the Czech's list all the states possible. Eventually we got them all. They are very good. Then they wanted us to list all the countries in Europe. So we did and they were impressed we knew most of them (luckily I teach history so I must know some of this). There are a few small ones, and ones that are parts of countries.

Bye the way, obviously the campers arrived to camp- Thank the Lord a bus was provided.

Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Misty and Matt said...

So glad to read updates about the trip! Wow- what an experience. Looking forward to seeing more pics when you're back home!