
I ran the Seattle Marathon over the Thanksgiving weekend. This was my second time doing this race- I beat my time last year by 23 minutes. With a time of 3:15:52, I ran an average pace of 7:29. I came in 1st in my age group (out of 169) and 7th overall (643 women). I beat my Portland time by 10 minutes, which is an flatter course. It was definitely fun to compete in this race, but now I have a much harder time to beat next race.
We went up the day before the race and walked around Downtown Seattle. We had lunch by the pier at Red Robin, and dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. We got to go to Pikes Place and look around--- lots of people were out shopping.
3 comments:
Hi Tara,
Love your posts. All kinds of fun going on around you! Thanks for the update. We'd love to get together soon. If your holiday time is not too booked?
-jen
Wow Tara, that is so impressive! Congratulations on another marathon and an incredible time! Have a wonderful Christmas.
Love, Megan
I admire your determination and stamina. When I decide to start taking care of myself, I really look up to you and want to have half of the strive that you do!!
Post a Comment