Friday, October 12, 2007

Portland Marathon, 26.2 miles!



I ran my 2nd Marathon last weekend in Portland. It was a PR of 12 1/2 minutes from Seattle, 2006. My time was 3:26 (3 hours, 26 minutes) which breaks down to about 7:52/mile. I placed 15/654 women in my age group, 64/4198 women total, and 455/7736 runners overall.

My good husband drove me down to Portland at about 5:45 in the morning, and waited with me in a half hour line for the bathroom, coached me through my frustration and anger (I dont do well around 10,000+ people), and helped me stretch. I got to see him at a couple points throughout the race, along with my Co-Cross Country Coach and some other familiar faces. Our good friends Tauni and Jeremy met me at the end and we went to a great post-race breakfast. I was just missing my parents who were in Hawaii until later that night.

What's Next?? Seattle Marathon, Nov. 2007!!!

2 comments:

RaChelle and Paul said...

Nice job friend! Next time we will set up your own little hunny bucket! Thank the Lord for Oscar!:)

Anonymous said...

TARA!!!!! oh my goodness i miss you soo much! i can't belive it's been so long since we've spoken. your blog is great! i see you guys have been busy. check out our blog to see our little guy, barrett! i'd love to meet you for lunch sometime at bay since i'm on maternity leave now. =) hope to hear from you soon! britt